Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] jrwalliker@gmail.com is offline

Default 100 metre wifi

On Friday, 5 June 2020 10:23:50 UTC+1, polygonum_on_google wrote:
I want to make our internet connection available to another house about 100 metres away - with direct line-of-sight.

Too far for standard wifi to work reliably (even if it worked on the drive, I don't think it would do so inside).

I am well aware that various pairs of devices are available which can do the job. Do you have any recommendations? Least expensive that will do the job without being rubbish.

Doesn't need any fancy facilities at all. I have a wifi router I can use inside. So this is just for the house-to-house link.

Have you considered connecting one or more directional antennas to a
WiFi access point that has RF connectors? High gain
Yagis, log-periodics and multi-element patch antennas can be found on eBay.
Alternatively, have a look at Ubiquiti and MicroTik who both make a
range of point-to-point ethernet repeaters.

John