Posted to alt.home.repair
danny burstein danny burstein is offline

Default fence posts getting pushed up and out...

In slate_leeper writes:

[snip]
It may be the opposite problem. The soil may be receding exposing the
bottom of the posts. I have had this problem, especially before I
convinced my lawn service to NOT trim the grass extremely short next
to the fence. Using weed killer along the fence line is another way to
promote erosion.

Thanks. I gave that some serious thought but some of the
posts are close enough to the house that I could compare
the height to the walls, and yeah, it's that they're coming
up out of the ground.

And thanks to everyone for the other suggestions.