jp232

Default Basement Buddy backup

On Tue, 25 May 2004 16:03:42 GMT, (barry martin)
wrote:

Hi Rosie!

R is there such a thing as an ALARM that can be hooked up to a sump
R pump that would alert the homeowners if its not working?
R power outage? pump failure?

Possibly a battery-operated water alarm. When the contacts get wet
sets the alarm off.

Not sure if Radio Shack has anything like that any more (more than
likely would be a kit). Pretty sure I've seen then in the Marlin P.
Jones catalog (
www.mpja.com).

The wires to the sensor can be extended so the alarm is either in the
kitchen or at the top of the basment stairs where you'll hear it.

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* C:\WINDOWS\RUN; C:\WINDOWS\CRASH; DELTREE C:\WINDOWS
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *

Simply go to
www.homedepot.com and search for WATER ALARM. You can
buy the basement watchdog water alarm for 10 bux. I have several in
my house, by the hot water tank and a floor drain. You can read more
at this website as well as find places that sell it:
http://www.basemen****chdog.com/water_alarm.htm