Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Low splash bleach

On Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 2:32:27 PM UTC-4, FromTheRafters wrote:
Dan Espen submitted this idea :
micky writes:

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 1 Jun 2020 20:08:24 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

On Monday, June 1, 2020 at 6:21:16 PM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:
On 6/1/2020 3:43 PM, Andy wrote:
I bought a gallon of low splash bleach about a year ago.

It was very viscous then.

Now it is very watery and the bleach smell is almost gone.

Does that version attract water over time?

Andy

sci.chem is still very active.

Bleach does weaken over time.

"Bleach can expire. After a shelf life of six months, bleach starts to
degrade. Even in its original bottle, bleach becomes 20 percent less
effective as each year goes by. Bleach mixed with water at a 1:9 ratio
(i.e. 10 percent bleach) is potent for about a day (it's more unstable
in its diluted form)."

So I shouldn't have high hopes for the bleach I bought 20 years ago?
At 10% a year for 20 years, it should be -100% effective, so it will
make the clothes darker, maybe dirtier.

Someone doesn't know how percentages work.

I know you were trying to be funny, but math illiteracy isn't really
that funny.

Of course at ten percent per, it would remain somewhat effective
forever.

That reminds me of a joke.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jokes/comments/2ijugj/a_mathematician_and_an_engineer_agree_to_a/

Cindy Hamilton