Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default what is this?

On Sun, 31 May 2020 12:14:08 +0100, charles
wrote:

snip

https://www.telegraphpoleappreciatio...stcard-please/

(although neither is on a telegraph but utility pole).

Telegraph, if we still had it, would be a utility.

Yes, but a utility pole isn't necessarily a telegraph (and my point).

It's an electriclty
supply pole carrying either 11 kV or 33kV.

Quite.

The telegraph pole site is a different pole.

I know, and looks like another electricity pole by the size of the
insulators?

They've been telephone poles
for years - probably 100.

Yes, but one service was the evolution of the other so a good chance
that telegraph poles were later used for telephone services. Not so
likely that they would do that with different utilities?

I wonder if the object is a transponder. A quick fly by would show if the
pole has blown down.

Assuming it had some sort of tilt switch in it you mean?

Cheers, T i m