Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Bin shed, anyone built one?

On 31/05/2020 14:39, Andrew wrote:
On 30/05/2020 13:46, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 30/05/2020 13:11, newshound wrote:
On 30/05/2020 11:55, Bev wrote:
On Sat, 30 May 2020 10:26:05 +0100, R D S wrote:

I want a bin shed to make 3 wheelie bins look less of an eyesore.

A nice-ish looking sturdy one will cost about 300 quid to buy so i'm
thinking of building one.

If you've done similar, did you wing it or work to a plan you found?

My advice is just to screen wall. Don't roof it - it'll be a sod to put
rubbish in the bins and to haul them out if you do.Â* If you do
decide to
roof it then it'll need to be much higher than you think.

A lot depends on your exact layout, access, and sight-lines. Another
option might be something with a roof but open fronted, provided it
is convenient to wheel the bins out for putting stuff in.

One merit of roofing, if you make enough clearance, is that it
provides a dry space for delivery people to leave parcels (on top of
the bins).

I like the ones where you lift the roof and the bin lids open as well...

Paint the bins to look like little sheds, and line them up carefully ?.

bathing huts would be better ....