Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default what is this?

In article ,
T i m wrote:
On Sun, 31 May 2020 01:20:11 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Sunday, 31 May 2020 04:51:24 UTC+1, williamwright wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x3ong2y0ll...N3856.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjmd0jne0x...N3854.JPG?dl=0

Doesn't appear to be connected to anything???

It looks to be to do with light or why would it have the freznel panel
down the side(s)? I wonder if it has a solar panel on the top (and
hence why it isn't connected to anything)?

William isn't the only person who wants to know what it is ...

https://www.telegraphpoleappreciatio...stcard-please/

(although neither is on a telegraph but utility pole).

Telegraph, if we still had it, would be a utility. It's an electriclty
supply pole carrying either 11 kV or 33kV.

The telegraph pole site is a different pole. They've been telephone poles
for years - probably 100.

I wonder if the object is a transponder. A quick fly by would show if the
pole has blown down.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England