Andy Hall

Default Heatloss of small terrace house 6.5kW ?

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 19:50:40 -0000, "John Stumbles"
] wrote:

I've just done a heatloss calculation for a small terraced house (3.8m wide
x 7.4m deep x 2.4m each storey with 2.5m x 4m back addition, mix of carpeted
wooden and solid floors, mostly single glazed, 50mm insulation in the roof)
and get just over 6.5kW, which seems very low. I've done the calcs on a
spreadsheet but cross-checked with the Myson calculator for the floor and
air changes of one room, to sanity check.

Does this seem right? I could put it all through the Myson to completely
cross-check it but it's a lot of extra work ...

tia

This seems low to me as well.

Presumably this is an older property with solid walls..??

I would expect the extension to have a fairly large heat loss because
of the external wall area.

How have you treated the party walls?

..

..andy