Terry Cano

Default shower pan install question

As an apt bldg manager that has had numerous problems with
shower pans over the years....foam is not as reliable as mortar.
In fact in my home (we just bought) I'm having a problem with a fiberglass
tub that
that leaks and warbles, it was not set in mortar.
Not a pretty sight after the tub has been installed.
The mortar is thin...
I vote for mortar mix

Terry

"gntry" wrote in message
The manufacture suggests setting the new acrylic shower pan in a bed of
cement to add support I guess. My question I hope not that stupid, Is
something like a mortar mix better than cement mix? would I use a "stiff"
mix and just trowel it out so the pan "seat" itself? Anything better then
using cement? Expanding foam?