Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Steam bending oak

On Thursday, 28 May 2020 10:58:16 UTC+1, Bazza wrote:
My query is..... is it possible to steam bend white oak more than once if required?

Not having bent any wood before I was wondering, if, in the event that that it springs back too much, is it possible to repeat the process using different placings for the clamping blocks?

There are two ways of steam bending
(1) You put the wood in a containers and pass steam into the container.
(2) You thoroughly soak the wood and then heat with torches/wood fire outdoors, gradually warming it through.
The latter is the traditional way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9YzpOVTPcU