Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. Harry Bloomfield, Esq. is offline

Default Door latch not working

wrote :
if not decide whether to replace the latch or increase the rebate for the
receiving plate (or whatever its called).

Last week I decided the our inner kitchen door latch inner handle,
leading to the outside, was becoming a bit worn. I had a couple of
spares, but of the wrong 'hand'. I decided the simple fix was to swap
kitchen door inside handle for the utility inside one, which was
identical. No one ever goes in the utility room and closes the door
behind them. Might you be able to make a similar swap?