Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Steam bending oak

On 28/05/2020 10:58, Bazza wrote:
My query is..... is it possible to steam bend white oak more than
once if required?

Not having bent any wood before I was wondering, if, in the event
that that it springs back too much, is it possible to repeat the
process using different placings for the clamping blocks?

Assuming you can still fit it in your steaming enclosure, then yup - or
at least as well as it bent the first time. (Kiln dried wood bends less
well than air dried I am told).

The usual route is to over bend a bit so that when it relaxes after
release from the bending form, it is hopefully where you wanted in the
first place.

--
Cheers,

John.