rosie

Default Basement Buddy backup sump pump opinion

yes, that is what i have...............i was asking for my neighbor
who doesn't have a system built in already!

--
rosie
http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/052304A.shtml

"Dave" wrote in message
: I have one that is connected to my burglar alarm system.
:
: "rosie" wrote in message
: ...
: is there such a thing as an ALARM that can be hooked up to a
sump
: pump that would alert the homeowners if its not working?
: power outage? pump failure?
:
: --
: rosie
: http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/052304A.shtml
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
: "Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
: news : : On Sun, 23 May 2004 23:00:08 GMT, "Dave"
wrote:
: :
: : What is your opinion of this water powered backup sump pump
: device?
: : Thanks for your opinions.
: :
: :
: : I'm with Ransley.
: :
: : Last winter I put a new sump hole in my basement and I used
the
: "Sump
: : Buddy" by Bur-Cam [in Quebec Tel514)337-4415 ]. I got it
from
: : Depot for $99 USD. I used it as a temporary pump to bail
the
: hole
: : while I was getting all my other parts together. Granted, I
only
: : needed about 3' of head, but I used the 1 1/4 hose that was
: supplied &
: : it drained the sump hole only slightly slower than a 1/2 horse
: pump I
: : eventually installed. They claim 600 GPH discharge with 5' of
: head.
: : That's some pretty serious water.
: :
: : It is completely automatic as long as my municipal water is
: working.
: : [and I'm about 100 feet lower than the supply, so it isn't
likely
: that
: : I'll ever lose water. Hasn't happened yet in 20 yrs anyway.]
: :
: : Nothing is perfect, but I'm more secure knowing that baby is
: standing
: : by than having to rely on the batteries being good when the
power
: : goes-- and that the power will be back before the batteries
die.
: : [situation I can take care of if I'm home-- but those thing
: usually
: : happen when you leave for a week.]
: :
: : Jim
: : [Gary should be along next to tell you how to make your own.]
:
:
:
: