Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum_on_google[_2_] polygonum_on_google[_2_] is offline

Default Water softener fault?

On Wednesday, 27 May 2020 12:24:37 UTC+1, Davey wrote:
On Wed, 27 May 2020 07:36:18 +0100
"Bert Coules" wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote:

...apart from lime scale what is the point?

Lime scale may well be the only point, but where I live, lime scale
is a very major point indeed. The water here is ruinously hard.

Here in East Anglia, it is officially Very Hard, over 300 mg/l calcium.
There is a big difference when showering with non-softened water, and it
seriously affects the limescale buildup on taps etc.

Having moved from a pretty darned hard water area to one which has pretty soft water, I really appreciate the difference. We did not have a water softener but would often have appreciated one.

Bert - just heard start of Cadfael on R4 Extra. :-)