Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Laminate Bending

On Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 1:45:03 PM UTC-5, Joe Gwinn wrote:

Titebond creeps. You need some kind of catalyzed-cure adhesive, like
resorcinol or epoxy. I'm sure that there is much experience on what
does and does not work.

Joe Gwinn

With the thicker slats and larger than normal finished rockers, using epoxy may be my best bet. I often use West System's G-Flex 650 and will use the 655 for the Maloof joints of the chair structure, itself. As for WS epoxy, they have special instructions for damp wood, though I plan to pre-form the slats while wet and allow them to dry in pre-formed position, before doing the final bending and gluing to finished form. That's the plan and my confidence is further on the plus side. Thanks.

The rocker build is shaping up pretty nicely, accent on the rustic look. The chair is for my brother, but I'm starting to get an idea of keeping it myself, at least for a while, I'm liking it that much. Stay tuned for some pics hopefully in 2 weeks or so.

Sonny

Sonny