Dave

Default Basement Buddy backup sump pump opinion

I have one that is connected to my burglar alarm system.

"rosie" wrote in message
is there such a thing as an ALARM that can be hooked up to a sump
pump that would alert the homeowners if its not working?
power outage? pump failure?

--
rosie
http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/052304A.shtml

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
news : On Sun, 23 May 2004 23:00:08 GMT, "Dave" wrote:
:
: What is your opinion of this water powered backup sump pump
device?
: Thanks for your opinions.
:
:
: I'm with Ransley.
:
: Last winter I put a new sump hole in my basement and I used the
"Sump
: Buddy" by Bur-Cam [in Quebec Tel514)337-4415 ]. I got it from
: Depot for $99 USD. I used it as a temporary pump to bail the
hole
: while I was getting all my other parts together. Granted, I only
: needed about 3' of head, but I used the 1 1/4 hose that was
supplied &
: it drained the sump hole only slightly slower than a 1/2 horse
pump I
: eventually installed. They claim 600 GPH discharge with 5' of
head.
: That's some pretty serious water.
:
: It is completely automatic as long as my municipal water is
working.
: [and I'm about 100 feet lower than the supply, so it isn't likely
that
: I'll ever lose water. Hasn't happened yet in 20 yrs anyway.]
:
: Nothing is perfect, but I'm more secure knowing that baby is
standing
: by than having to rely on the batteries being good when the power
: goes-- and that the power will be back before the batteries die.
: [situation I can take care of if I'm home-- but those thing
usually
: happen when you leave for a week.]
:
: Jim
: [Gary should be along next to tell you how to make your own.]