Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default TN-S Earth clamp

On 26/05/2020 13:32, Roger Hayter wrote:
wrote:

Be aware that they will only reconnect your supply after the work if
your water & gas/oil are bonded.

and IIRC to current (continuous 10mm) standard

What does 'continuous' mean in this context? Surely it doesn't mean no
joints? Or does it means no thinner sections?

It means if your water bond is on the way to the gas, so you do it all in
one length, make sure it is one length(not cut). That way if someone
disconnects the water bond, gas is still bonded.

I think I learned that here, but I've seen it referenced elsewhere too.

But a terminal block fixed to the wall with separate wires to gas and
water would be ok? Depends on the precise layout which is ieasier.

Call it an earth marshalled busbar terminal and all is fine.

--
Adam