Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Boiler short cycling

On 26/05/2020 11:21, John Smith wrote:
On 2020-05-26 09:52:56 +0000, said:

On Monday, 25 May 2020 21:29:58 UTC+1, John SmithÂ* wrote:

At the same time I guess I should get the expansion vessel serviced.

serviced? It's an empty container

They can need repressurising.

Just test with a car tyre style pressure gauge... For a full test you
can drain a few litres of water out of the system first to lower the
system pressure. Then most[1] of what you read will be the air pressure
in the vessel alone. However you can test at full system pressure - in
which case, it reads about the same as the system pressure (and so long
as its air that comes out of the refill valve and not water when you
measure it, you are probably fine!)

[1] If the boiler is physically lower than some of the system, then you
will still read some of the water pressure just from the "head" above
the test point.

--
Cheers,

John.