Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fixing an internal door that swings open by itself

Apart from a draught, sometimes wear on the top hinge does this. My garden
gate prefers to be half open because of the issue of which part of the pin
is worn the most. I hate doors that do this as being blind its not funny
walking into the edge of a door you know was not left half closed!
How about a little draught excluder on the bottom of the door to provide
enough friction to stop it swinging?

Magnetic catch on the door? Magnetic catch on the open position on the end
of a door stop?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Caecilius" wrote in message
One of my internal doors slowly swings fully open unless it's latched
closed. None of the other identical doors do this so I think it's
something to do with how it's hung, but I can't find any obvious
problems. It's a solid hardwood door (so pretty heavy) hung on two
brass hinges.

A spirit level shows that the door frame on the hinge side is
vertical, and the hinge side of the door is vertical as well. A plumb
bob made from a nut&bolt on a piece of string shows that the two
hinges are in line vertically.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?