Posted to uk.d-i-y
Caecilius[_2_] Caecilius[_2_] is offline

Default Lean-to greenhouse - mould

On 25 May 2020 17:18:40 GMT, Tim+ wrote:

Caecilius wrote:
On Mon, 25 May 2020 08:29:01 -0700 (PDT), polygonum_on_google
wrote:

We have a small, nay, very small lean-to greenhouse.

Trouble is, we are getting quiet a lot of powdery, mildew-like, mould
inside it. It is bare treated timber.

Despite opening the doors as much as possible, it has got worse.

I have now given it a good scrub and the sun is drying it out. But I
would like to do something to stop it happening again and again. Any
suggestions? My suggestions so far have not gone down well. :-(

I've found benzalkonium chloride works well for moss, algae and mold.
It's what's used in a lot of patio cleaners, but it's a lot less
expensive to buy it in more concentrated form as "BAC 50".

What concentration do you use to treat algae?

Tim

I use 200ml of BAC 50 in 5 litres of water (25:1) and apply with a
sprayer.