Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default New Bandsaw - question

On 5/23/2020 8:37 PM, wrote:

I've finally gotten my new bandsaw (Laguna 18bx) on its feet and put
together (KungFlu furlough gives me time to practice being retired
;-). Everything seems to be right with the world (no sawdust yet) but
there is a clicking as the weld crosses the guide blocks. Is this
normal or do I have the blocks set too tight/close? It seems to be
coming from the upper blade edge guide. I'm not playing with an
expensive blade yet, rather a no-name 1/2" from Highland.

Thanks for any help. The bandsaw is a new adventure.

If no one else has mentioned this yet, get a blade file to rub against
the spinning blade until the clicking goes away. Then adjust the guides
closer.

With ceramic guides you can actually have the guides lightly touch the
blade, this helps to keep the pitch build up at a minimum.