Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default TN-S Earth clamp

On 24/05/2020 22:31, wrote:
On Sunday, 24 May 2020 21:44:45 UTC+1, Robin wrote:
On 24/05/2020 20:49,
wrote:
Had a proper look at the earthing on the new place today. The supply earth is provided by a clamp onto the sheath. It's not, so far as I can, a tightenable clamp.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/383551...posted-public/

It has a 10mm cable in which looks like it only just fits, can't see how I'd get a 16 in there. (tails are - at the moment - 25mm as far as a Henley, then down to 16mm)

I noticed that the clamp rotates freely around the sheath. Is that to be expected? I will get round to measuring the earth soon when the replacement test lead turns up.

FWLIW I think I'd ask if a "proper" PME can be supplied

https://www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/electricity/earthing

I was considering that. Assuming the clamp isn't expected to move as it does (??) I was going to call up and express concern about it, and see if that ended up with a PME conversion.

I was leaving the clamp to my youngers and betters But FWIW (a) a
clamp that moves patently means your Ze can change randomly, (b) clamps
(even constant force clamps) on lead sheathing are now a no-no, and (c)
I think tightening a clamp is for the brave and courageous.

*--
Robin