Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cine film cement

On 24/05/2020 20:34, Tim+ wrote:
Ive just picked up an old Eumig 8mm projector along with family films from
my mothers flat. Amazingly the projector works just fine. I assumed all
the belts would have rotted away but it seems to use chains.

Anyhow, some of the old acetate films could do with a bit of repair work
and I have a splicer but no acetate cement. What is acetate cement? Could
I just try acetone or is there more to it than that? There are some small
bottles available on eBay but theyre pretty pricey.

Tim

balsa cement is the same thing
#

--
Of what good are dead warriors? €¦ Warriors are those who desire battle
more than peace. Those who seek battle despite peace. Those who thump