Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default 2 Dead Cordless Drill Batteries -- Weird

On Sun, 24 May 2020 18:36:25 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...
John T.
I hate throwing out things that can be used - butunless there is a
lithium ion conversion for those tools retire them and replace with a
new set of lithium powered tools. Nicads are just not worth rebuilding
any more - IMNSHO

I agree, and have replaced most of my old Ni-cad tools. The newer
Lithium batteries hold their charge for MUCH longer periods.

I agree. Most of the time you can get new tools, batteries and charger
for what just a battery or two cost. I have a good almost unused drill
with 2 dead batteries and charger that I replaced a few years back with
some new Dewalt tools that usually go on sale during some holidays for
less than the replacement batteries .

I don't like throwing things out either, but when just the replacement
part costs almost as a new item, then it goes.

When I was upgrading my cordless tools, I dropped the old stuff off at
Goodwill with the idea that someone who had good batteries would find them
and they'd go to a good home. That's probably unlikely, but who knows.