Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimk Jimk is offline

Default Cine film cement

Chris Green Wrote in message:
Tim+ wrote:
I?ve just picked up an old Eumig 8mm projector along with family films from
my mother?s flat. Amazingly the projector works just fine. I assumed all
the belts would have rotted away but it seems to use chains.

Anyhow, some of the old acetate films could do with a bit of repair work
and I have a splicer but no acetate cement. What is acetate cement? Could
I just try acetone or is there more to it than that? There are some small
bottles available on eBay but they?re pretty pricey.

If it really is acetate film and needs 'repair work' then you need
experienced professional help, it will disintegrate almost as you look
at it. However I *suspect* it's not really acetate film

You big tease...
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----