m Ransley

Default Basement Buddy backup sump pump opinion

Zoeller and Basepump make units. Basepump says its water powered pump
will do a 10ft head with a 3/4 main at 50 psi and pump 750 GPH.
At 75 psi 1000 GPH.

For 1" main at 50 psi 10 ft head 1500 GPH
@ 75 Psi 2000 GPH at 10ft head.

Those sound like good numbers to me, no batteries to wear out no
batteries to discharge. And to knock out my city water , well our
municipal water has generator backup. Basepump & Zoeller are
automatic, nothing to worry about. You just have the float set higher
for backup. I fail to see the drawback or the thought that it is
worthless or of limited use , and no you dont have to be home thats the
point of it. Its only limited if you are on your own well.