Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Can I Convert a electric recliner chair to manual recliner?

I'd imagine it very much depends on the design though.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
Yes i just did it to 2 leather chairs. The electric motor and pistion
attached the the chair mechanism.turn the chair over So that you can see
the very bottom of it. Then carefully remove two side of the staples and
flip it back. Like peeling a banana. You can ask O just take the whole
thing off the bottom Wont see it anyways. There's Cotter pins that hold
the motor to the mechanism in the Front and in the back. Once you remove
the mechanism that opens and closes that share it'll just open and close
like any other recliner. The mechanism weighs about 10 pounds. It whether
just pushes that share open and closed and once it's been disattach and
pulled out you can just sit in a chair and leaned back and flip it open and
close it just like a regular . You don't need a hand on the side to be able
to do any those things.