Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Half of Sizewell B switched off

On Sat, 23 May 2020 18:14:51 +0100, Andrew wrote:

On 23/05/2020 15:44, Andy Burns wrote:
Jethro_uk wrote:

by 'eck is it windy.

Branches of willow blown down, turbines were still whizzing rather than
shutdown when I was on way home, crows were veering all over the place,
wind finished-off my TV aerial (but I think galvanic corrosion is the
really to blame)

http://andyburns.uk/photos/rotten-aerial.jpg

It's a log aeriel though, so cannot be that old. They were
rarely seen before the ?700Mhz clearout. How would galvanic
corrosion be the cause ?. It is aluminium and clamped to
an alloy pole.

Sounds like some robust crows have been trampolining on it.

There are sets of plastic spikes made for keeping birds off - don't use
metal spikes! Vertical polarization for a relay wouldn't allow birds to
land, especially on a log periodic aerial.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away