George

Default water company dishonest?

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message

With $30,000 at stake, how did the utility prove that the old meter had
been reading low for two years? A Johnny Cochran type would likeky have
argued that the old meter might have gone bad two days before they
checked it, and the "increased usage" after a new meter was installed
was just due to changes in the nature of what the business was doing
that required water.

That is exactly what I would have done. I would have asked them to
demonstrate how it could not have failed the week before it was removed or
not have been damaged during transport.

Did they find something wrong with the meter which was unquestionably
there "since birth" like an incorrect gear set installed at the factory?

Just wondering,

Me too, an answer like that would be the only one I might accept.

Jeff

--

Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

to blame it on."