Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Maching rounded edge on planks

On 21/05/2020 22:17, Martin Brown wrote:
On 21/05/2020 22:14, Bazza wrote:
I'm looking to renovate a couple of garden benches by replacing the
slats. These are wide benches so the standard kits of slats are not
long enough.

I have some hardwood planks that are suitable but would need to have
the edges rounded.

I am considering a router. Can someone point me in the direction of a
cheap and cheerful router that would do the job.

What's wrong with using a plane and a bit more elbow grease?

I would also go with planing if only a couple of planks.
If never used a router before you may not get the desired effect, it
took me few goes when I first used one.