Mort Guffman

Default Hot Tub Pump Motor Quits after 2 minutes

Mine was doing that. Turns out I had the air inlet turned off! I had
never used a hot tub before and I didn't know what the thing did. Soon
as I opened it up so it could suck in air it worked fine.

mort

On Sat, 22 May 2004 14:56:36 -0400, "Dan O."
wrote:

TRowe wrote

The pump motor for my hot tub will run for
about a minute or two before stopping, it
will then start again about four to six minutes
later. Anybody have any ideas?

Sounds like the motor is internally protected and is overheating (for
whatever reason) and cutting out on that protector which eventually
resets once it has a chance to cool then starts up again.

The motor bearings might be 'tight' from wear or leaks, there could be
something in the pump putting strain on it, it could be undersized,
there may be a restriction in one (or more) of the hoses connected to
it or it *may* need some air space around it to allow an internal
cooling fan to cool it during operation. For the latter, check the
installation instructions.

JMO

Dan O.
-