Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimk Jimk is offline

Default Chainsaw issues...

"NY" Wrote in message:
"Tim+" wrote in message
After I posted last night I suddenly thought ?When did I actually top up
the oil tank??. Some time ago actually but I?ve just checked it and it?s
half full despite quite a lot of recent chainsaw action.

I think I need to investigate the oiling issue as according to the manual,
some ?splatter? should be evident in use and I?ve never seen this.

My chainsaw (one with a rechargeable battery) has a little "window" in the
plastic oil reservoir, but it is very difficult to tell where the line of
the oil is if the tank is completely full or completely empty. Only if the
tank is partly full can you see a line to work out the level.

The filler of mine is a real *******, because there is a very small cup
above a plastic mesh filter, and you need to "pour boldly" to make sure the
oil goes downwards rather than running down the bottle, so there is a
tendency to fill the cup to overflowing, then have to wait for it to drain
slowly through the mesh so more can be poured - repeat until the cup doesn't
drain. Or else get someone else to look at the level in the visibility
window and say when the oil line is getting near to "full", because this is
not possible to do while you are looking from above at the filler cap.

I bought a reciprocating saw for pruning trees, thinking that this would be
better for thinner branches which a chainsaw may tend to snatch and get
caught in. But the coarsest blade is still relatively fine and it takes a
long time to get through a branch. My handsaw with a similar coarseness of
teeth seems to cut far more quickly - as long as its blade doesn't bind in
the wood. Similarly I was cutting a notch out of a length of 4x2 to make a
clothes prop (notch to take the washing line)

A 4 X 2 clothes prop? Wtf are you washing?, wedding marquees?

--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/