Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default what's a 12 inch jointer worth ;-)

On 5/20/2020 7:56 AM, wrote:

... it's not a Craftsman ...
https://tinyurl.com/ycrqznrr
John T.

A heck of a lot more than $40
Busy bee about $4000 new
About $6000 for a new "hammer" brand
If you've got the 550 3 phase power it would be a steal for $250 and
within easy pick-up distance for you.

I just posted it here for a chuckle - I certainly do not have any
desire to own such a machine. I do miss the live auctions, though -
where a person can check-out the interesting stuff ....
Do you think this could be easily re-powered with a large
230 volt motor ? ... again - just curious.

I'd love to have something of the sort again...actually, never owned one
but had free access to 16" Crescent for years in friend's shop only a
short hop from home...

The last picture that shows back side with the hand crank shows the
drive belts shroud.

You'd want at least a 5HP motor and bigger would be better, but looks to
me as would be doable. A single phase of ample HP might not fit in the
location underneath, but you wouldn't have to mount it there.

If you have 3PH available even if have to swap out for more common
voltage, motors are available pretty reasonably as there's a lot of
similar equipment repurposed/converted so the 3PH motors are around.

I don't know the particular machine/manufacturer, but it'll weigh a ton
or more but other than the logistics would be a dream to have it or a
Crescent or the like...