Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. Harry Bloomfield, Esq. is offline

Default Wifi device intermitant connecting

Brian Reay pretended :
Is this a commercial beast or some Arduino thing you've built etc from a
design?

Its a homebuilt github design using a WeBos D1.

If the latter, I'd be surprised if there isn't a facility, while a PC is
connected and running the Arduino IDE, to run the 'terminal'utility which
monitors activity. Generally, those who write SW, will, for example, 'print'
to the terminal:

I can connect to the unit via USB and PUTTY, but I cannot connect to it
in normal operation at the moment when on battery, because the usb's 5v
would damage it back feeding. I just need to remove components to try
PUTTY during normal operation.

I only built it yesterday, so I was reluctant to start carving it up
until I knew it was working.

My main router in the loft runs OpenWRT, and the device is showing in
its log. The device is set at the moment to connect to my secondary
router on the ground floor and upload its data every 60 seconds. In the
main routers log I can see it doing 'something' every 61 seconds, but I
cannot copy and paste from the log.

These are the log entries for the device...
DHCPDISCOVER
DHCPOFFER
DHCPREQUEST
DHCPPACK
61 seconds later, it repeats.
DHCPDISCOVER....

Does that suggest it might be trying to connect to a remote website and
succeeding, or failing?