Posted to uk.d-i-y
AJH[_3_] AJH[_3_] is offline

Default Chainsaw issues...

Tim+ wrote:
In an effort to eke a bit more life out of my chains on my cheapo lidl
chainsaw I bought myself a Stihl 2in1 sharpener.
I think either Ive cocked up the sharpening or theres another
problem. If Im cutting with €śheel€ť of the chain closest to the motor
or with the
tip of the blade if produces good size shavings.Â* Cutting with the centre
of the bar starts off okay but when Im sawing logs the blade seems to
stop
cutting and just produces fine sawdust.Â* Moving the chainsaw in and
out to
use the €śheel€ť and the €śnose€ť enables me to carry on cutting but
obviously
its not right.

Oddly I only see Paul's response in this thread but it sounds like the
bar is a bit worn and your sharpening slightly uneven, the cut becomes
biaised to one side which cants the cutter over and the bar catches on
the edge of the kerf.