Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Martin Bob Martin is offline

Default Why do we have modesty panels on desks?

On 19 May 2020 at 08:19:53, Tim Streater wrote:
On 18 May 2020 at 22:18:09 BST, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Mon, 18 May 2020 19:46:29 +0100, wrote:

On Monday, 18 May 2020 18:38:10 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
I just find they get in the way when trying to get at wires behind them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modesty_panel

Because in the 1960s we had women wearing short skirts and open plan offices

Would you let your daughter work in an open plan office? 1968.

https://k2space.co.uk/wp-content/upl...n-Observer.jpg

If she was a prude she could put knickers on. Otherwise, good way to get a
mate.

Blimey. That's rather more 029 card punches than I've ever seen in one room.

In my early days as an IBM CE I used to visit a couple of rooms larger than that.
The noise was unbelievable, but stopped instantly whenever a male entered the room,
and resumed after the Mary Quant lookalikes had looked him up and down.
Fixing a machine in the middle of the room was an experience!