Posted to uk.d-i-y
williamwright williamwright is offline

Default Chainsaw issues...

On 19/05/2020 22:27, Tim+ wrote:

I think either Ive cocked up the sharpening or theres another problem.
If Im cutting with €śheel€ť of the chain closest to the motor or with the
tip of the blade if produces good size shavings. Cutting with the centre
of the bar starts off okay but when Im sawing logs the blade seems to stop
cutting and just produces fine sawdust. Moving the chainsaw in and out to
use the €śheel€ť and the €śnose€ť enables me to carry on cutting but obviously
its not right.

File down the spur between the blades on the chain a tiny bit. Put a
straightedge across the blades at the midpoint of the bar and the spurs
should be about 0.3mm lower.

Bill