Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Concrete with small size aggregate

On 18/05/2020 14:24, Broadback wrote:
I am looking for a concrete that contains small size "stones". Is there
such a thing? fine concrete is a different thing altogether I have found.

I find ordering "all in one ballast" usually does it. Locally that is a
mixture of sharp sand and stones of varying sizes from fine to small
pebble. Mix at about 5:1 by volume with cement for a general purpose
concrete.

(although note the term ballast has regional variations - some seem to
only apply it to coarse stones on their own, like that used for railway
track ballast)

--
Cheers,

John.