Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Battery fluorescent torch renovation

On 18/05/2020 13:18, AnthonyL wrote:
On 17 May 2020 21:50:48 GMT, Tim+ wrote:

ARW wrote:
On 17/05/2020 16:10, Tim+ wrote:
AnthonyL wrote:
On 16 May 2020 19:24:52 GMT, Tim+ wrote:

Much as I appreciate the fun of rescuing old stuff, a battery powered
fluorescent light the needs six D cells would not be high on my list of
things to rescue. Have you checked out the price of the batteries and
bulb? You could buy yourself a better LED light for the cost of that lot!

What with spotlight, flashing red light, and fluorescent?

Go on, do tell, when did you last use a flashing red light? ;-) It
probably contravenes some regulation or other to use it by the roadside
(wrong colour).

There is no law that says you cannot switch on a red light flashing
light and place it on a roadway.

Maybe not but my car comes with a flashing light system built in. ;-)

But I'll be able to put mine (sacrificially perhaps) 100yards further
up the road.

I just and a sacrificial apprentice 100 yards up the road with a hi viz on.

It's up to him he chooses to flash or not ;-)

--
Adam