TRowe

Default Hot Tub Pump Motor Quits after 2 minutes

Greeting! The pump motor for my hot tub will run for about a minute or
two before stopping, it will then start again about four to six minutes
later. Anybody have any ideas?

I have installed this all myself. I have moved this hot tub a couple
times and have been able to get it to work after a few moves but the last
one has stumped me.

Since it stopped working I have:
- Replace the Control/Heater unit with a Hydro-Quip (Corona, CA) model
HT-600T.
- Replace the motor with a dual speed Hayward
- Replumbed all the plumbing in the heater/pump area of the tub
- Checked the wiring to the tub. It is a 220 service and appears to be
okay.
- Ran a little snack up the tub tubing to make sure it isn't blocked

I have not replaced the pump mechanism (the propeller the motor turns and
its casing).

I'm at wits end. Currently my only guesses a
- Could the pump be binding up causing the pump to overheat and shut off?
I discounted this before because I took the motor and pump into a Hot Tub
shop and they checked it out and said it was okay (but maybe they just
checked the motor?).
- Have I wired the pump incorrectly (which color wire goes to LOW and
which to HIGH?)? BTW, although I have tried to figure out the control to
see if I'm not doing it correctly but I am unable to change the pump from
Low to High speed.
- Could I have an air pocket in the pump? This doesn't make sense
because it pumps well for a minute or so.
- Could there be a blockage in the pipe that feeds the pump? Would that
cause this behavior?

Thanks for your help.

BTW, How much should I expect a house call from a Hot Tub shop to cost?