Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Battery fluorescent torch renovation

On Sunday, 17 May 2020 14:29:02 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
On 16/05/2020 21:17, tabbypurr wrote:
On Saturday, 16 May 2020 20:24:55 UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:

Much as I appreciate the fun of rescuing old stuff, a battery powered
fluorescent light the needs six D cells would not be high on my list of
things to rescue. Have you checked out the price of the batteries and
bulb? You could buy yourself a better LED light for the cost of that lot!

Tim

I wouldn't consider feeding one with D cells. You can put rechargeable AAs into D adaptors or use a wallwart.

Poundland AAs are cheap as chips.

About a quid?

Or am I way off the mark?

2 for £1, 600mAh, enough for torch use. IME with them they last well, though have had the occasional dud. Good choice where the capacity is enough.

NT