R W

Default Storage of power tools

davenpat wrote:
"Peter Bull" wrote in message
I have some well used power tools - drills, sanders, jigsaws etc
whose original boxes have long since rotted, so I just keep
them on my bench. My new years resolution is to keep my
workshop tidy (tidier ?), so I'm after suggestions for their
storage. What do other people do....... make containers
for them, put them on brackets on the wall? All
suggestions gratefully received.
Peter

I store mine in large plastic tool boxes that the sheds sell. They
are kept as a collective function. i.e.

Me too.

'Drill and fill' contains all that I need to drill any hole and fill
it with any screw. Including a range of screws.

'Cutting', has both a circular saw and jig saw, as well as replacement
blades. Along side of this, are my selection of chisels. I must
remember to put a sharpening stone in this one though.

'Smoothing' has all my requirements to finish the surface of what I am
working on. e.g. sander, planes, sandpaper etc.

Now that is a very good idea. Currently I just put stuff in one toolbox,
and when it fills up, buy another one and so on...

I have just stolen your idea )