Posted to alt.usage.english,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Xeno Xeno is offline

Default "Drywall"

On 17/5/20 6:31 am, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 16 May 2020 13:42:29 +0100, Xeno wrote:

On 16/5/20 8:54 am, dpb wrote:

Why can't it still crack the flush plaster you put over the tape?

The paper if flexible enough to give.

Surely gypsum board is in use throughout the world; can't be only US.

It is. Did my kitchen out with it 20 years ago. That house was built in
53 and it had gypsum sheeting so it isn't new by any stretch of the
imagination.

Wait till you want to remove it.* Get a dust mask ready.

Do you have reading comprehension issues? *I did remove it* 20 years ago
when I redid my kitchen. Also did the laundry, bathroom and toilet at
the same time. The rest of the house didn't require new plaster sheeting.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)