Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Slider bar for bandsaw table

On 16/05/2020 06:12, wrote:
Hello all.

I bought a bandsaw a few months back and having used it for a few jobs, it's a tool that I now wish I had bought years ago. Really useful.

The table of the bandsaw has slots in it, running along the axis of cutting. A cutting angle jig that came with the bandsaw runs on an aluminium extrusion that serves as a slider, captive in the slots of the table.

I would like to get some of the aluminium extrusion slider material to make my own, additional cutting guides/jigs. The problem is that I cannot find the material online. Various T-nuts for machine table slots are available, but I can't find a plain length of T-slot slider bar. Is there a special name for the profile that fits machine table slots, or can anyone recommend a place to look?

Thanks.

Bill.

You could make one from a piece of straight-grained hardwood - a 5
minute job on a table saw - although do you actually need the T shape? A
rectangular piece of hardwood that accurately fits the slot should be
fine for a bandsaw. If you really want some vertical retention then you
could put some "ears" in 3 or 4 places on a rectangular bar so that they
run in the grooves.