Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Window trim finish

On Fri, 15 May 2020 22:24:40 -0400, Hawk wrote:

A friend had 9 new windows installed in his home. I'm surprised the
interior window trims weren't removed, but he was considering replacing
them and I suggested simply sanding and repainting, as that's all he
wants. Only one sill is fairly bad with dog teeth marks and pits. As
long as he wants to repaint them, then sanding and repaint is the best
option, which will be done while they are still on the window.
Therefore, what are suggestions for fast completion? Using sand paper
via orbital sander or by hand with heavy to lighter grit or Using a
paint dissolving gel then scrap? Or any other option?

Obviously he just had inserts put in - the down-and dirty cheap-assed
way of "replacing" windows. I stripped mine out to the rough opening -
and was able to use the good trim around the window with new jams.