Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Under floor heated Oak Plank floor issue

I'd have thought that a heat like that should be ok if the room was keep a
little humid by some other means. That might allow them to be able to not
have problems with their medical condition. One needs a humidity sensor of
some kind.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"harry" wrote in message
On Thursday, 14 May 2020 18:08:07 UTC+1, Mr Sandman wrote:
I rent out a house I used to live in, it has oak planks, t+g, glued down
with special UFH glue. It worked for 6 years fine, no issue. But after we
rented it out, they don't use the under floor heating (as they have
asthma...?) and the floor suddenly has jacked up and went lumpy, and now 2
planks have 'popped' out.
I have said they need to put UFH back on to drive out the moisture, but
they haven't (as they have asthma and it smells?)
I've said no one can sort it until the floor has propa dried out. Anyone
in the staffs/ Derbyshire area Nr Uttox Burton that can take a look? I
need someone to speak sence to them and explain it needs to dry out before
the planks can go back in...! They won't listen to me as I'm no expert....

I now live in france and can't get to uk easily......Covid!

Use a dehumidifier, if the heat can't be used.