Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default Interior French / Perimeter Drain on 1890s 3 flat with Stone Foundation

I'm not an expert and I'm doing some of the same research on my house.

In my case it's clearly not ground water pressure, it's heavy rains that don't move far enough from the house. I'm redoing my gutter and piping systems soon.

If your basement is really down in the ground water table, I think you're on the right track with a french drain and sump pump.

There are a couple of other options. My church installed B-Dry successfully. I don't know the details, but they put in trenches and a false wall, I think. It moves the water outside. Another option is electro-osmotic.
https://www.concreteconstruction.net...c-protection_o

Okay, it sounds like fake science, but I've talked to military engineers who've used it successfully.