Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default finding elastic

On Thu, 14 May 2020 07:49:21 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/13/2020 09:26 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Wed, 13 May 2020 08:06:04 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/13/2020 06:29 AM, micky wrote:
More than one person had written to a sewing site toask if you can cut
the elastic lengthwise (since they can find wide stuff for sale).
Answer was it would fray. That's better than I thought. I thought it
would fall apart.

https://www.amazon.com/Erickson-0660.../dp/B005JCPTWI

They may not be comfortable but they won't break...

There's usually a few lying on the side of the road - AKA Tarp Straps

I wonder how many of the S hooks wind up embedded in someone's tire?

In all my years working as a mechanic I found all kinds of things in
tires - but never an tarp-strap "s" hook. Screwdrivers, a wrench, a
dart, a 3 inch long 1/2" bolt - and inside a fully inflated tire - a
full bottle of beer - just for starters.