Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ford V8

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
On 12/05/2020 17:16:33, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 12/05/2020 13:56, Weatherlawyer wrote:
Would the increased number of valves allow greater cooling efficiency
or was it always about valve bounce?

neither.

Getting power out of a non blown engine is down to one thing. peak RPM.

Often max power occurs at less than max RPM. Unless your definition of
'peak' is itself defined as RPM at which max power occurs.

An engine where peak BHP coincided with maximum revs would be a rare beast.

--
*I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.