Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ford V8

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Turbos are more fuel efficient when delivering comparable power

See your statement below.

I thought one of the reasons they've all gone for little turbos is that
they are more efficient than a big NA on light loads. Which is most
driving.

of course

The turbo give you the output you need for the brochure's 0-60 figure.
For most people that's enough.

And if the engine only lasts 60k miles? shrugs

Andy

RPM is an engine killer. Once you beef up the engine for turbo
pressures, it doesn't need the revs and can be pretty long lived. As lw
RPM diesel is.

If it doesn't need to rev it simply ain't going to produce the same BHP.
Since BHP is a function of torque and RPM.

But being Turnip, you happily contradict yourself in the same post.

BTW, as I indicated, I'm referring only to petrol engines. But I'd guess
you didn't understand that either.

--
*Confession is good for the soul, but bad for your career.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.